Many land and property owners will experience compulsory purchase at some stage, whether it involves acquisition of land for a new road, an urban property for a town centre redevelopment, or an underground pipeline. In all cases it is important that expert advice is sought at the earliest stage in order to ensure that your interests are protected and your compensation is maximised. Our aim is to ensure that you suffer the minimum amount of disturbance and that you receive the compensation that you deserve.
Our compulsory purchase surveyors have many years’ experience in:
- road schemes
- urban redevelopment
- gas, water, sewer, oil and cement pipelines
- overhead and underground electricity lines
- fibre optic cables
- telecommunications cables and apparatus (see our specialist Telecoms page).
Having represented statutory undertakers, including Anglian Water and British Gas, on major pipeline projects, our thorough understanding of the processes involved enables us to represent landowners effectively.
We provide a comprehensive service covering all aspects of the compulsory purchase process including:
- advising you on your rights and options
- formal representations, objections and public inquiries
- negotiating accommodation works
- advance payments of compensation
- dealing with problems arising from the works
- preparation and negotiation of compensation claims
- Lands Tribunal appeals.
For further information please contact: